Food Technology and Biotechnology Environmental Policy
Food Technology and Biotechnology promotes responsible consumption of natural resources, waste reduction, recycling and reuse of the material. Journal editors are actively promoting environmental awareness and sustainability practices in editing and publishing.
Editorial office has undertaken activities promoted in the Environmental sustainability and scientific publishing: EASE manifesto:
- The journal has signed the UN SDG Publishers Compact.
- A person for monitoring SDG progress and coordinating journal activities is appointed.
- Number of printed copies is reduced to a required minimum.
- All other material is distributed electronically.
- In-person meetings and travelling are reduced to a minimum.
- Energy-efficient appliances are being used.
- Halogen bulbs are replaced with energy-saving LED bulbs.
- Office heating and cooling is reduced to a minimum.
- Recycling bins are installed at the office building.
- Only reusable cups and dishes are used.
- Consumption of locally grown, seasonal food and tap water is being promoted.
- Usage of public transport, cycling or walking is being promoted.
- Flexible working hours are enabled to reduce commuting during rush hours.
By signing the UN SDG Publishers Compact, Food Technology and Biotechnology is focused on three main sustainable development goals, SDG9, SDG12 and SDG13, among others, listed here.
This policy is regularly reviewed and updated as needed.